Dressing Up For An Interview Time
एक नूर आदमी हजार नूर कपडा - This proverb very significantly, intensely and firmly explains the power of proper dressing at important occasions. Interview is also very important occasion of an individual’s life and it also said that first impression is the last impression, therefore one always has to be vigilant, aware and conscious what they are wearing.
General Instructions for Male & Female
- Clothes should be Pressed, it should be conservative two-piece business suit if possible and preferred colour is - solid dark blue or grey
- Garments should be conventional long-sleeved shirt / blouse - white is better, pastel is next best
- They should be Clean, polished and supported by traditional style shoes
- You should have the Well-groomed hairstyle
- You must ensure for Clean, trimmed fingernails
- While the professional meets, Minimal cologne or perfume - preferably none if possible
- Your Pockets must not be bulges or tinkling coins
- No gum, candy or cigarettes should be consumed during or immediate before the interview.
- You can carry Light briefcase or portfolio case for the documents
- There must be No visible body piercing - nose rings, eyebrow rings, etc.
- No jewellery or insignias that are religious or political in nature or offensive in any ways
Guidelines for Men
- Necktie, if wearing, should be of silk, in a conservative pattern (well tied knot with no collar button visible and centre aligned)
- For footwear, Dark shoes - black lace-ups are best to be worn
- Dark socks should be worn - black is preferred
- Always Get a decent haircut; short hair always fares best in interviews
- No beards - unless you are interviewing for a job in the outdoors. No goatees either.
- Moustache - if you must, make sure it is neat and trimmed
- In case of jewellery – No rings other than wedding ring or college ring
- No earrings – if you normally wear one, take it out
Guidelines for Women
- Always wear a pressed suit with a jacket - no dresses unless you wear a jacket with the dress
- Shoes with conservative heels - ensure they are the latest in fashion
- Hosiery - and no runs!
- No purses, small or large - carry a briefcase instead
- If you wear nail polish (not advised generally), use clear or a conservative colour - pink, reds and browns are not conservative
- Minimal use of makeup - it should not be too noticeable
- No more than one ring on each hand
- One set of earrings only - preferably no larger than a dime